Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It was a great weekend

For the past couple of months I have been helping to plan a retreat at church for this past weekend. It is a continuation of a previous retreat I helped at in May.

My job for the weekend was Spiritual Director. I had to pray for everyone. Since I am not a good outward prayer leader, I thought it would be a good experience for me. It was a big responsibility, and it also included being second in charge overall for the weekend. However, it was a team effort. Everyone on the team wrote a talk to give, picked out music, and planned out how things would happen. While I have given witness talks at retreats before, I worked on a new one for a new topic for this weekend.

People who have been on earlier weekends in this program have had very positive things to say about them. Many people have described the experience as life changing. The team was looking forward to continuing this trend.

All this preparation brings us to this past weekend. The retreat had to be canceled because only a couple of people signed up. It would have been a great weekend, but it never happened.

The program has been put on indefinite hold until we can get commitments from a set number of people. When that happens, the process will start up again and a new team will create a new retreat.

Brighter side
To leave you on a happier note, this past weekend had some good things for me. My friends (the Vietnamese Crew, or as Eric calls us "The Group") had a BBQ in the park. We all brought stuff and barbecued hamburgers, hot dogs, bacon, and carne asada. We then went to Eric's house and watched Aladdin.

No comments:

Post a Comment