Friday, May 3, 2013

Some people are happy

There are a lot of frustrating things around me. Almost all of them have to do with the failures of my family. There is also the presentation and project I have due on Tuesday for my electrical engineering class. My room is a mess, but better than it was a few hours ago. However, I have explained the frustrating things too much. In emails and over Skype, I have spent more than enough time on them.

There are some good things that need to be covered.

I like how I am getting involved with the Beach Newman club. Last week I went to a joint birthday party for two people in the club. The mother of one of the birthday girls made some great comments. She related how her daughter was in a lot of pain for many years because of an illness. She had a surgery a year and a half ago, and now every day without pain is a blessing for them. They were not even sure she would live this long. Aside from a masquerade theme, there was dancing and playing billiards. I am seeing all the signs of being good friends with these people, and it is exciting.

Last week I saw Andrew. Being the kid that he is, he wants to start a Nerf league. People (adults) will get together and shoot their Nerf guns at each other. We ate at the Lake Forrest location of Slater's 50/50. While I have talked about it before, I will reiterate it is magical place.

Continuing the theme of people I know from political activities, I later saw James. We met at Pop's Cafe. I found it online searching for good breakfast places. However, looking at the pictures, I remembered going there once in high school. It was after doing some stage crew work for a senior musical. It was some kind of work during school hours so we missed class, which was unusual. Back to James; he had some interesting news. Last time I saw him the big news was his admittance to Harvard Law School. This time the shocking news is he has a girlfriend and she is white. In college it was a well know and heavily documented fact he almost exclusively liked Asian girls. However, don't go posting about this on facebook. He is keeping it on the down low because the relationship is against company policy.

Earlier this week the Beach Newman club had elections for officers for next year. It was a whimsical event. They modeled everything after the conclave that elected the last pope. Afterwards, everyone in the club was still friends. No one will be leaving because of resentment over the results, which is a welcome departure from the last club I was in. I was elected the prayer coordinator for the group. The exciting thing is the other people on the board I will be working with. They are all awesome people. After the meeting, we went to 2nd Street in Long Beach to celebrate our new president's 21st birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment