Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

There is always something exciting going on with me.

On Thursday night I bought some new running shoes. Well, they are my first pair of running specific shoes. In the last few weeks I have been exercising a lot. My goal is to run or bike 5 days a week. It should be known, I do not like running. However, I dislike being out of shape and how I look even more than I do not like running.

Friday morning I tried my new shoes. They felt a lot better than the old ones. Later on I went to the library and practiced for the Fundamentals of Engineering Test. I practiced electrical circuits, which I am not as good at as I should be. Then I saw Frank and company. This is the first time I saw Frank and Sabrina since their wedding a month ago. We saw Wolverine and then ate at Karl Strauss.

On Saturday I went to an apartment warming party. It was themed as a tea party with scones and tea sandwiches. Everything was good, despite being vegan and gluten free. I brought my teapot, which I bought in Berkeley for tea parties. After the tea, we played Double Take, which is a game I do not recommend. It is like charades, except two people are acting out different parts of a compound word or phrase. For example, the phrase could be tub of lard (an actual one we came across). One person would act out tub and the other would do lard. Some of the words were stupid. For the category of things relating to cars, one person had to act out "bump" while the other person mimed "her." I was horrible at the game. At the end, there was this exchange:

Score Keeper: "Chris, you got 28 points, so you tied for third place."
Me: "What is the nice way to say this? Did you count correctly?" She recounted.
Score Keeper: "Actually, you got 20 points." This put me in last out of 8 people.

After that, I went to watch the California Golden Bears open their football season. I was at a viewing party with the Orange County Cal Alumni Club. We had a new head coach and a true freshman quarterback. It was an exciting game to watch. It was tied near the start of the fourth quarter. However, our top 25 opponent Northwestern won in the end. While it was a loss, the Bears looked great. There is a lot of potential and the team should only get better.

On Sunday Eric organized a BBQ with the Vietnamese Crew. It was in a park and I did the grilling. Consuming two hamburgers, three beers, a hot dog, and some chips was wonderful. After that, I went to Ryan's for another BBQ. While I was plenty full from earlier, I enjoyed many of the beers he had. Aside from Dave, it was all people Ryan knew.

On the Labor Day Holiday, I cleared a space in my room to set up my laptop. I had to download a program for class to program a circuit board. The program I downloaded was big. It had to be downloaded in four different parts; each was around 2GB. After the downloading and decompression, it took an hour for the program itself to install. After I figured out the license, I started working through a tutorial online. Then there was laundry and some reading. I registered and paid for the FE test in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment