Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What I did over summer

Three days ago I started writing this post. After I wrote the title I hit Enter and the post which contained nothing in its body was accidentally published. If you are using a reader program to read this blog you will have seen the title of this post three days ago and watched the blog float to the top of your recently updated blog list; only to find I did not actually make a post. I would apologize for my mistake, but I am not a fan of using blog reader programs. Now I can return to the topic at hand.

This story starts at the end of May. Since I explained most of this in earlier posts, this is a summary of summary posts.

Overnight trips I took:
  1. Up to Berkeley to see Fr. Charlie and assorted friends.

  2. Orlando for a family reunion and the local sights.

  3. Grand Canyon for hiking and nature stuff.

  4. Las Vegas to have fun with Peter and Larry.

  5. Washington D.C. and Virgina for a friend's wedding.

  6. San Diego for CRP and hanging out with Rohit and Derek.

Day trips to Los Angeles:
Picnic in the park with Sean and the Salesians.
Several weeks later to watch Sean start his pre-novitiate program.
Watch the Dodgers play (14 hits in 9 innings and they still managed to lose).

The happiest places on Earth:
I went to Disneyland on the day of its 55th anniversary. Before that, I spent four days at the four different parks of Disney World.

Places that show the sky is only the beginning:
I went to the Kennedy Space Center and the Udvar-Hazy Center of the Air and Space Museum.

There was an interesting adventure to the San Diego Zoo. Much good food was eaten at the Orange County Fair.

I saw a lot of movies on their opening nights. I could think of five, but I would have to pull out my ticket stubs or ask Frank and Aden for an exact count.

1 comment:

  1. I did notice the initial post--I use Google Reader--but it didn't bother me. I immediately knew what had happened, because I've done the same thing before, so I was just excited that there would be a post in the near future! You did a lot of traveling this summer... If you feel like coming out to DC again, my green couch is at your disposal!

    ReplyDelete