Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Movies at the Red Cross and a Shocking Grade

Now for the latest installment of my apheresis appointments at the Red Cross. Since the platelet donation process takes around two hours, they have movies available for watching. The ones I saw included:
  • The Ghost Writer
  • L.A. Confidential All I will say is go watch this movie.
  • The Terminal
  • Inglorious Bastards Better than the average kill Nazis movie. A couple of days ago The Simpsons did a scene combining this movie and Dumbo. It starts at 11:25 of this video.
  • Cinderella Man There is a point when the boxer (Russell Crowe) is completely broke. As a last resort he goes to the public assistance office for money to feed his family. Later when his fortune turns around he goes back to the office and returns the money he was given with interest. Unfortunately his attitude of giving back is in short supply today.
  • Atonement This movie left me sad and wondering how long it will be until everyone learns making assumptions and lying can have very bad consequences.
  • Die Another Day It was the twentieth James Bond film and contained references to all of the previous ones. I have seen every Bond film except The Man with the Golden Gun
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall This movie was recommended to me by the girl who broke my heart. We had the same sense of humor and she knew I would like it. If you need a reason to see it I have three words: Dracula Puppet Show.
Radar Project
As a follow up to my post yesterday, this evening I got some emails from UCI. The instructor for my class posted a grade for my term project, final, and the class overall. For the final 95%, for the term project 95%, and for the class A. I was shocked. For my project I was expecting a C or at best a B-.

My only explanation is the paper write-up was great enough to cover up my programming failure. I followed the directions the instructor gave and included everything he wanted, even if I though it was pointless. I had great block diagrams to explain what I was doing and nicely formatted equations.

No comments:

Post a Comment