Thursday, December 16, 2010

Velocity of posts

As the velocity of my life increases, so should the frequency of my posts. The more things I do, the more I have to talk about. The last few weeks have been fasted paced. Unfortunately, the blog has been lagging.

This past weekend I was in Western New York for the wedding of my cousin. Aside from a beautiful wedding, a nice reception, and seeing relatives I have not seen in several years, there was rain, freezing rain, snow, lake effect snow, and temperatures below freezing. There are pictures of the wedding I was tagged in on Facebook if you want visuals. A more detailed post is in the works.

Tomorrow I will be driving to Bryce Canyon in Utah. If Google Maps is to be believed, it is 524 miles and will take 8 hours 45 minutes (or 10 hours 40 minutes in traffic). That is, after I pick up my car which needs new tires, brakes, and a bunch of other things. The repairs will cost a lot of money, but the car will be hitting 95,000 miles on this trip.

In my few days home between these two expeditions I baked two coffee cakes, sour cream cookies, and some date balls. Earlier tonight I managed to burn my hand while my Grandma was explaining how to make rice with milk. Boiling water and milk have a deleterious effect on my skin.

Now I need to start packing for the trip to Utah tomorrow. However, I need to unpack from my New York trip before that. Over the next few days the temperature at the canyon will be somewhere near freezing with a low of 16 and a high of 40. The wind chill will make it feel even lower. It is similar to the weather I just had in New York, except this time I will be spending most of the day outside.

This trip to Bryce Canyon is the second installment of Larry's National Park Adventures. The first part was the Grand Canyon during the summer. Like the earlier trip, a few days in Las Vegas are included for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment