Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back to more craziness

I want to get back to blogging and there is a lot to say. Things for me have been switching between busy and way too busy.

This past weekend I was in Berkeley for an alumni event for the Cal Newman Alumni group I am working to get moving. The event worked out well with more people attending than I expected. There was enough wine and cheese left over for an afterparty at Lisa's house.

My classes at Long Beach have a lot of work due. Yesterday one lab report was due and today a second lab report and some problems are due. The good news is I am pleased with the people in my lab groups; they are helpful. I also managed to join a club where I am on a team that is building a robot.

The group I am involved with at church that puts on retreats is trying to come back to life. We have a meeting scheduled with the pastor, but one of the three main people just had his work schedule changed and cannot make our weekly meetings anymore.

It is college fair season, so I am volunteering my time as an alumni representative for Cal. I go to high schools and community colleges when they have college nights and answer the questions of students who are thinking about applying. While I like talking to prospective students, the food the schools provide for the representatives is even better.

My dad is in the hospital. The short version is he was bit by a spider, got an infection, got blood clots, the blood clots moved to his lungs, and now his kidneys are stressed dealing with the medications that are being used to treat these things.

My grandma is visiting. She arrived last week and will be here for a month. After she leaves, my other grandma will come to visit for around two months. Among all this busyness, this is a reminder of why I need to move out.

I am looking forward to this weekend. There is no major commitment of my time. I am not driving to the other side of the state like last weekend or spending a lot of time in L.A. for a convention like the weekend before. I will be driving to LAX twice, but that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment