Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Busy things

I just started am email to someone to explain a lot of things that have been going on recently. I decided, this should be a blog post instead.

A doctor has been treating my mom for pressure sores (open wounds on the skin from too much pressure on a point) for several months. While he had always said surgery was an option he was trying less invasive treatments first. A couple of weeks ago my mom went to another doctor who is treating her for a fever she has had on and off for a while. The doctor said she had a bone infection and needs intravenous antibiotics every day for the next several months. However, he refused to start treatment until her pressure sores were closed. So, the other doctor proceeded with surgery. After 10 days in the hospital, my mom came home. However, the recovery will take a long time, at least two months. She is in a hospital bed with a special mattress and can do almost nothing for the next few weeks.

Classes at The Beach started back up last week. I still need to figure out what project I am going to do and what professor to work with. Right now I am in three classes that look interesting. I am blessed to have gotten the classes I want, since most of the people I know were unable to get into the classes they wanted.

Now for something fun. Before classes started, I went to Lake Arrowhead for a weekend with some people from Beach Newman. We did exciting things like played hide and seek in a cabin with all the lights off and scary music playing.



1 comment: