Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trip to Berkeley

This past weekend I went up to Berkeley to see Fr. Charlie before he leaves for his new assignment as pastor in Tennessee. It was fun to see people and catch up with how many everyone is doing. On the trip up I took the 152 to the 101 and saw Rohit and Shauna before taking the San Mateo/Dunbarton bridge east over the bay. There was a campus hike to welcome Fr. Bill where he met many great student leaders who just graduated and were alumni, but few who would be around in the fall. I was excited my Cal1 card still had money on it and I got a Coke from a machine in Evans. I used a coupon for a free slice of extreme pizza I received at Caltopia either Junior or Senior year.

I do not want to recount the complete list of a couple of dozen people I saw, but seeing the people was great and wonderful. My Associate just happened to be at Moe's when I called him on Saturday so I saw him and Linda easily.

On Sunday I made a wacky cake for the student dinner, because it is lactose free. Fr. Charlie and everyone liked it, even if I almost put it in the oven minus the flour.

I am looking at the post so far and I am unsatisfied. I have given an outline of what I have done but I feel I am missing something. Maybe it is distilling an entire weekend, 860 miles of driving, and all the people I saw into a few words.

No comments:

Post a Comment