Monday, November 22, 2010

I will lay out a few things

First, I like using puns in my post titles.

Second, if you are one of those people reading this on the RSS feed, you need to migrate to the blog itself. There is a visual part to this.

Third, I am making some changes to the layout of the blog. Blogger rolled out some new design options recently. After I saw the visual impact of one of these new designs on Aden Dreams of Pavement, I decided to update some things.

I was the Online Editor for the Patriot, so I know how to do a few things with code online. While Blogger's design editor makes some things easy, the 1,924 line template was intent upon making my life difficult.

Incremental changes will be made over the next few days until I am pleased with everything.

If you have any comments about the layout, I will accept them in the aptly named comments section below.

6 comments:

  1. I always read your blog through Google Reader, but I do come over here to comment, so I look forward to seeing your changes. Also, I applaud your use of puns.

    I know a bit of code, too, from my LiveJournal days. One day, when I have some free time, I keep meaning to mess with my blog's code so that "comment" is singular when there is only one comment (i.e., to avoid "1 comments").

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, now everything is green! Exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, and now the banner is extra-snazzy! I've decided to live-blog (well, live-comment) your blog redesign.

    Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was staring at the comment link in the design view trying different link colors. Then I noticed three comments.

    If I can bring amusement to one person I do not see in person it is a successful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new design. I thoroughly enjoy your writing style... ever consider being a critic, or a journalist?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you like the new design and my writing style!

    I am not critical enough to be a critic. I want to like everything I see and read. My positive comments greatly outnumber my negative comments.

    I could be a journalistic type blogger, but I would have to cover something I was interested in and had a unique take on. When I did some of that blogging earlier I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete