Sunday, November 21, 2010

Two Library Cards, One Day

A few Fridays ago I went on a trip around Orange County.

The first stop took me to UC Irvine. I went to the UCI library because they have many engineering books. Before I could check anything out, I needed a library card. Since I am a member of the Cal Alumni Association, I can get a library card at any UC campus for free.

I was in need of engineering books for a paper and project due in a couple of weeks for my digital signal processing class. I need to talk about a use of digital signal processing and write code that does DSP.

Drive down MacArthur
After my time among the anteaters, I drove down MacArthur Blvd. to Newport Beach. I went to their public library and obtained a library card. At the Newport Beach Library cards are free for people from other cities. However, if an out of town person went to the Huntington Beach Library and wanted a card it would cost $25 annually.

The first time I went to the Newport Beach Public Library my Associate took me and extolled its excellence. It looks like a nice place. I do not have an easy metric for determining the quality of books a library holds, so I can only judge the library by its building.

These are the cards I got and the books I checked out. The friendly anteater is from UCI, but he did not come with the books.

Anteater with UCI and Newport Beach books and library cards

No comments:

Post a Comment