Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Let's go Bowling

For a while I have wanted to get my wonderful readers involved in doing things. I think I see all of you too little.

On Wednesday December 28th at 5 pm the California Golden Bears will be playing Texas in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego.

I have three reasons why Cal alumni should go:

1. Trips are fun.
2. You will get to see people, these things usually end up as Newman reunions.
3. It will be revenge against Texas. As I explained in an email earlier today:
If I have my way, Cal will go USC on Texas and beat them 50-0. This goes back to '04 when Cal had one of its best teams in the last 50 years. Our only loss was a close game at USC, the #1 ranked team in the country. We also had a great quarterback in Aaron Rodgers. We were ranked #4 going into the final week of the season, while Texas was #5 (all rankings BCS). Cal won its game in the last week, while Texas had already finished their season. The Texas coach got on TV and asked voters to vote his team higher than “less deserving teams.” He whined like a little girl, and Texas fans lobbied the voters. In the final result, Texas got a push up in the poll voting to make them #4, and Cal was voted down enough to be #5. This meant Texas got invited to the Rose Bowl, while Cal was denied their first chance to play there in 45 years.

I want Texas destroyed.
Who wants to go to the Holiday Bowl and watch the Bears play?

If you are interested, let me know and we can coordinate tickets, rooms, transportation, and having fun in general. I went to the Poinsettia Bowl a couple of years ago in San Diego and it was a success (except for the results of the game).

I have talked to, texted, emailed, and facebook messaged people about attending the game. So far two people have indicated they are interested, two more would go if they had the time or money (including fees tickets can approach $100), and one has not gotten back to me, but he would have to be 1,000 miles away before he would consider saying no.

I will be there and I plan on having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Alas, I spent all of my football money on the Big Game. But, Texas must be destroyed!

    ReplyDelete