Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dessert Recipes and a Drink

Hurry Up Coffee Cake

This is an easy one I got from my Mom.

1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup flour
1 can fruit pie filling (can be cherry, peach, apple, or any kind you like)
4 eggs

Combine the cake mix, flour, and eggs. Cut up any large chucks of fruit in the pie filling.** Stir the pie filling into the mixture. This can be put into a bread pan (I think it can fill two) or a 9x13 pan. Either way grease the pan throughly.

Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. If it is a 9x13 pan, it can take 5-10 minutes less. Use a toothpick to see if it is baked throughout. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done.

**If my Grandma is making this with cherry pie filling, she likes to leave the cherries whole and gently mix them in. This way when the finished cake is eaten the cherries are still individual cherries.


Pumpkin Delight

This recipe came from one of my Mom's friends. Even with the high price of pumpkin recently this is worth making. How can this not be good? It has two sticks of butter!

1 large can pumpkin (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
3 eggs

1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup butter, melted

Mix the first five ingredients. Dump into a greased 9x13 pan. Then lightly and evenly sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top. Drizzle the butter over the top and bake at 350 for one hour.

A variation is to add 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans between the cake mix and butter.


Glorious Revolution, or 1688

This is a drink I created myself. However, I am still looking for another alcohol to add to it.

1 oz Gin
1 oz Scotch
1 oz Irish whiskey
1/2 oz Triple sec

Fill with club soda.

I drew upon English history for inspiration for this drink. The alcohol represents England (gin), Scotland (scotch), and Ireland (Irish whiskey). If I knew of something I could use for Whales, I would include that as well. The triple sec (an orange flavored liquor) represents William of Orange who was invited to take over the crown of England, Scotland, and Ireland.

If you want the complete summary of the history, check out what the unnamed geniuses have written.

No comments:

Post a Comment