Friday, April 9, 2010

I have new pants

I have had five appointments since my last Apheresis update.

Red Cross cups and pants

Each of the cups is from a different appointment I had to donate platelets. The books they are on top of have been sitting around my room. In the background are red sweatpants I received in the mail earlier this week. I got them for being an Apheresis All-Star from my donations last year.

Now for some short commentary on the movies I saw during my appointments.
  • District 9 After a few years, people (even with scores of aliens to work with) still can't learn anything about an alien ship over Johannesburg.

  • Zombieland A great example of what to do and not do in a zombie situation. Beware of dangers like having your hair brushed over your ear.

  • Everybody's Fine Obviously nobody is fine, but everyone has some issues.

  • Up in the Air I kept expecting Clooney's character to be fired.

  • Angels & Demons Did anyone think of turning off the electrical grid dozens of sections at a time instead of one by one?
When I went to my Up in the Air appointment, there was something new. A plastic shield was placed between my finger and the medical person for the iron test finger stick. I asked her if they had any problems with blood splatter and she had not heard of any. This first time a splatter shield was used also happened to be the first time my finger had to be pricked twice to get enough blood for the iron test. As always I had enough iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment