Thursday, August 13, 2009

Help sick children...or let them die

I should have posted this a day or two earlier to have a better effect.

Today is Miracle Treat Day at participating Dairy Queen locations. The proceeds of Blizzards purchased today go to the Children's Miracle Network. The Network helps children's hospitals around the country raise money that is used for research, medical care, and education.

I think this is a good cause and purchased two Blizzards today (I had a midnight truffle and my Mom had a Thin Mint). My question is why are some Dairy Queen locations not participating? None of the three DQs near my house are participating. I looked online and 4 of the 5 closest stores to me are not participating. While there are reasons and factors I do not know about, it is disappointing I have to go a couple of cities away to find a participating location. Do some of the stores hate children?

I do not run off to Dairy Queen on a regular basis, but the next time I do I will remember which locations did not participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment