Monday, August 17, 2009

We are open

After some practice getting into the habit of posting and being pleased with what I will be talking about, I have decided the blog is ready for publicizing. A couple of people have already seen the blog and the feedback so far is positive.

Before I forget some of my ideas for future posts, I will list them. I hope by reading this list I will be inspired to give these ideas form on the computer.

Sending mail with stamps and writing letters on paper
Dracula wrap up
Summer "Reading" Program
Why I am the coolest person some ten year olds have ever met
Wedding next month
Flowers in the garage, from six years ago
Morning offerings
My special use of words, including dictionary entries
Its summer and time for a block party
Items in my room
Omnibus book post
Grammar I learned later than normal
The best posts I never made for the Patriot blog
Recipes: Air fried chicken & Tennessee Peach
The first time we met
Me: The facebook snob
People from the university asking me for money
Clothing sizes
Why I should make videos to put online instead of writing posts

As I said, the theory is by writing all this out I will post more frequently based on these ideas. The action could be different. This brings me to a story.

During Welcome Week of my freshman year, I went to the Chancellor's reception on Memorial Glade. This involves the Chancellor and some other people making speeches, free t-shirts, and a free lunch. I went with my Associate, primarily for the free lunch. As it was a sunny day, we sought out the shade of a small tree far away from the speaker's platform. Under this tree we met two other fellow shade seekers. We came to know one of them was named Yinbo. Discovering he was interested in math, physics, and the like there was much to talk about. At one point we kept coming up with different ideas to get a meal before the speeches were finished. We could make distractions, impersonate someone else, or simply walk up and take the boxed meals. Observing the myriad of ideas presented, Yinbo explained the problem is we are all theorists, none of us are willing to put any of our theories into action.

Only time will determine if my theory of naming my posts beforehand will be realized by me taking action and writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment