Friday, September 4, 2009

Different Clothing Sizes

It has been over a week since I last posted, so I will post on a few of the ideas I mentioned before.

A few years ago I was at Sam's Club. I saw some solid colored t-shirts and liked how they looked. I picked up a few different colors in my size XL. When I got home I tried on the new shirts. All of them were larger than I expected, but they were still wearable. A few days later I was at another store and saw a few solid colored shirts again and picked up a few in XL. When I tried them on at home there was a similar result, the shirts where huge.

I wondered why these shirts from two different stores were so big. Then I had a realization. Some clothing manufactures have implemented Fat Ass sizing. In this new system clothing is labeled as a smaller size than it is. For example, a shirt that would be 4XL in a normal size scale is now labeled as an XL. This prevents people from realizing how big their clothing actually is.

Now when I look at the labeled size of clothing I ask myself "Is this a normal size or a Fat Ass size?"

No comments:

Post a Comment