Thursday, September 10, 2009

Two weeks later

On Tuesday I had another appointment with the Red Cross to donate platelets.

The movie and numbers are:

Catch me if you Can
BP: 130/70
Machine time: 91 minutes

One of the great moments in the movie is when the no nonsense by the book Agent Handratty (played by Tom Hanks) tells a joke. I will not repeat it here, but if you want to watch the YouTube clip, do so at your own risk.

Afterward I picked up some things at Costco and then stopped at 7eleven. I was going to get a Slurpee, but the cherry flavor had the do not use light lit up. As I know from personal experience, this light should be heeded. Instead I had a mocha iced coffee, which I recommend.

If you want to donate blood with the Red Cross, go to www.givelife.org and make an appointment.

When you give blood, you are told to refrain from consuming alcohol for 24 hours afterward. Do not try the drink below on the same day as a donation.

Penguino

This is the recipe I had written down in my log:

1.5 oz gin
1.5 oz triple sec
fill with tonic water
cherry

However, the first half dozen recipes I found on Google had run instead of gin. I must have written it down incorrectly or found a little known variant. My suggestion is to try it both ways and decide which one you like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment