Saturday, September 5, 2009

Seaon opener, which reminds me

Today is the start of college football season and the home opener of the Bears. This reminds me of several things I want to do but have not yet done.

Launching the Newman Alumni group
I have all the official paperwork and the website in place. I have planned 75% of a contact plan for which facebook groups will be messaged by who for the initial outreach.

Pictures on facebook
I have a couple albums worth of pictures to put online. I would like to get them up before I forget the names of the people in the pictures and before all of them graduate. One advantage of my laziness is I can organize the pictures thematically from the entire year. I am planning a retrospective on the Yee Tenement House, a CCR and Disneyland album, and a last days in Berkeley album.

Writing people emails and paper letters
I have four letters I want to write and get in the mail by Tuesday. I also want to email a few people, check on them, and obtain their physical addresses.

I am pleased to mention California beat Maryland 52-13 today.

As part of my effort to post drinks recipes, today I enjoyed a Leap Frog Highball.

2 oz gin
juice of half a lemon
ginger ale

I just used lemon juice since lemons were not sitting around in my house. The ratio of gin to ginger ale can be changed to taste. I often use one shot for half a can of the mixer. In this case 1.5 oz gin to 6 oz ginger ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment